Sunday, June 06, 2010
Review on Original Sin
Allison Brennan wooed my heart over with Original Sin!
I'm going to tell you why is this book a hit!
1) The plot is about a battle between good and evil. In this case, evil always win the upper hand. Well, I'm sure on the upcoming 7th book, evil will be defeat. =)
2) Moira is the heroine of the story. Yeap, you heard it right, a girl. There is no more damsel in distress version of grandmothers' stories.
3) Moira's mother is an ambitious witch who would love to take over the world. In order to do that, she killed a lot of innocents and managed to call upon the seven fallen angels ( seven deadly sins, read here. ) in the hope that they'll be on her service. Too bad the fallen angels are hard to be tamed and they roam the world at their own free will, create a lot of chaos by waking up the animus side of human. If one got controlled by her sins, one would die from it. Moira is on a mission to stop her lunatic mother and save the world.
4) We learn that there is white magic and black magic from Harry Potter series. However, according to Allison, magic is the root of all evil even though your intention is good. By conjuring magic, it will make you crave for more and more power, exactly like drugs. If you ask me, Moira's mother is just like a pathetic drug-addled woman who refused to go through rehabilitation and asked for more drugs instead. Lol.
5) You can hardly put the book down once you start to read. Doubt it? I challenge you. =P
6) The writer is humble!! She will reply her fans mail! I left her a comment at Facebook, Allison went through the trouble to reply me! ( Ok, me and other fans. ) That is one awesome way to reconnect with your readers!
Here is a proof of the awesomeness of the writer!
A link to a short story written by Allison!
Oh man! I can't wait to read the soon-to-be-released second book, Carnal Sin at the end of this month!! Tweet